Oh beautiful, for spacious skies....
Become a FGDLA Member Today!
Federal Government civil service employees or members of the military (including National Guard and Reserve) are not charged for membership--it's free! To validate your status, your e-mail address must include either .gov or .mil domain, or, if you are a Federal Government employee assigned to a Federal Government or Department of Defense (DoD) educational organization (*.edu domain).
Types of membership are individual and organizational. In all cases, membership shall require approval of the two-thirds majority of the Board of Directors, and be reviewed for approval annually.
Individual Membership: Individual members must be one of the following:
(1) An employee of the Federal Government (civil or military service).
(2) On an exceptional basis, membership may also be granted to those who substantially support the
Association outside of the qualifying conditions specified within the By-Laws.
Note: For all others, individual membership is obtained through Organizational Membership fees.
Organizational Membership: Organizational membership is obtained through premium sponsorship, and such membership shall be limited to those organizations that support distance learning services within or for the Federal Government, and shall belong to one of the following:
(1) The Federal Government
(2) Private or Public Corporations
(3) Institution of Higher Learning—must be regionally accredited
(4) On an exceptional basis, an organization that is substantially supporting the Association outside of the
qualifying conditions specified herein.
Note: For more information on organizational membership, click below or the sponsorship tab located on the menu.
• Enjoy free membership if you are a government employee or
• Get connected! Collaborate with members having expertise in
various distance learning activities
• Gain access to our highly-visible Web site for your marketing
• Be recognized for your successes through our annual awards
• Receive our FGDLA eBulletin Newsletter featuring member &
• Receive exposure to some of the best practices in the
distance learning industry
• Stay current on trends in distance learning
• Take the opportunity to publicize your programs and
• Speak at FGDLA conferences